Mariotama – Are you a photographer who is looking for the best lens for real estate photography? We will help you with that. We’ve compiled the list of the best products available on Amazon that you can purchase right away.
All photographers know that a lens is the most important piece of gear they need to have in their bag. A lens gives a huge impact on the result of the image. It takes control of everything from the distortion to clarity.
Well, let us look at some of the best lens products for real estate photography that is on the market.
7 Best Lens for Real Estate Photography
1. Best Full Frame: Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 16-35mm
- Ideal for wide-angle and "normal" shots
- Maximum aperture: f/4 ; Offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Image stabilization, vibration reduction (VR II) up to 4 stops
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs
It is a great lens from Nikon that has the usual high quality from the brand. It features a wide 16-35 focal length. With that, you can get the 107-degree angle of view. This lens makes you produce steadier shooting because of the vibration-reduction-image stabilization in it.
The focal length has a constant aperture of f/4 across the zoom range. It is useful for real estate photography because of its greater flexibility with the lighting. Besides vibration reduction, this lens also has a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for a more accurate and stable in autofocusing.
This lens is ideal for normal and wide-angle. If you have a NIKON camera, it is a great product to do photography for real estate. It is suitable for full-frame or crop camera of Nikon.
- You can get steadier shot easily with the Vibration Reduction.
- It is also perfect for travel, land, and general photography.
- It is packed with many useful features.
- It is a high-quality product from Nikon.
- The Sharpness has a very slight blurring at the edges.
- The body feels kind of cheap.
2. Best Sharp Image: Canon EF 16-35mm Lens
- Full-time manual focus permits critical focusing precision, even in AF mode. Help provide excellent color balance
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Besides Nikon, Canon is also a solid brand you can rely on when it comes to photography. Taking photos with L range of lenses from Canon, you are served with quality of image and manufacturing.
This lens works on many Canon DSLR cameras. It is a great option for real estate photography. It’s, in fact, one of the product with Amazon’s Choice badge.
This lens has a fantastic build and image quality. Its f/4 aperture throughout a wide-angle zoom is quite constant. It has a sturdy design and it is lightweight too. Its sharp wide-angle lens makes it a great choice for real estate photography.
Particularly, the images are so sharp at the center of the frame. You can have a quick, steady, and accurate autofocus with this lens. Thanks to the combined power of the image stabilization and Ultrasonic Motor (USM) feature-packed inside the lens.
- The body and design is so sturdy.
- It is a very light lens.
- The image result is razor-sharp.
- There is some noticeable vignette at lower apertures.
- It is a bit more expensive than the previous lens.
- The looks are quite generic.
3. Best Alternatives: Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM Art
- It allows photographers to enjoy the world of zero distortion that is ideal for landscape or architecture shooting.
- Continuing the tradition of the ultra wide angle range with incredible perspective, this new lens offers an optimal package.
- With F4 throughout the zoom range, it is one stop brighter than the previous model, allowing photographers to use faster shutter speed.
For the record, this lens is available in three option of design. You can buy it according to the camera you are using. For instance, you can buy the Sigma lens for Canon if you are going to use it to your Canon camera. It is also available for Nikon and Sigma camera itself.
The Art range of lens from Sigma is well known as the affordable and high-performing alternatives to the popular and expensive brand like Nikon and Canon. However, this lens is quite special. It is more expensive than its rivals are but it comes with much better features and specialty.
This Sigma lens has a wider-angle full-frame lens than the previous ones. That is the reason why it is the best lens for real estate photography.
It also features the HSM, which stands from the hypersonic motor. It is the special autofocusing technology from Sigma. It offers autofocus with speed and quietness.
Just by looking and touching this lens, you will recognize its well-made design and sturdy build quality. Let us look at the price which is available on Amazon. It is almost twice the price of Canon’s and Nikon’s previous products.
- This lens can stand up to other products even though with more expensive price.
- The build quality is so sturdy and well designed.
- The Sigma autofocusing is cool.
- It is packed with cool special features for a solid image result.
- It is quite heavy in weight.
- Not friendly to handheld to get steady shot.
- It is very expensive.
4. Best APS-C Lens: Rokinon FE14M-C 14mm
- Ultra wide-angle 14mm lens with an approximately 90° angle of view using an APS-C camera, for dramatic effects
- Lens has a minimum focusing distance of 0.9' (28 cm) for enhanced close-up shots. Lens includes a built-in petal-type lens hood
- Maximum Diameter: 3.4”(87mm). Aperture Range: F2.8 to F22
- Focal Length: 14mm. Mounts : Canon: FE14M-C, Nikon AE: FE14AF-N. Pentax K: FE14M-P. Sony α: FE14M-S, Fuji X: FE14M-FX, Samsung NX: FE14M-NX, Sony E: FE14M-E, Four Thirds: FE14M-O, Micro 4/3: FE14M-MFT, Canon AE : AE14M-C
The Rokinon brand is also known as Samyang. It is not as popular as Canon and Nikon but it is quite well known among photographers for its marvelously cheap super wide-angle lens. That is the reason why this lens is perfect for beginners.
If you want to get into photography, this lens would be a great gear to start with. It is very affordable, robust, and lightweight. It performs consistently great at f/2.8. On APS-C cameras you have, you can get an equivalent focal length of ~22mm with this Rokinon lens.
For real estate photography, this lens will be an excellent budget option. For the record, it is a lens with manual focus. If you are not used to it, you might find it tricky at first. However, this lens will deliver excellent results.
Rokinon on Amazon provides you with five options. You can choose to have the lens with Canon, Canon AE, Fujifilm X-Mount, Olympus, Sony Alpha A-Mount style.
- It is the best beginners’ option.
- The price is so affordable compared to the previous ones.
- The lens is robust and lightweight.
- It delivers excellent results.
- The manual focus will be tricky for beginners.
- It does not have autofocus and image stabilization.
- It is obviously a basic lens product.
5. Best Low-cost: Tokina 12-28mm f/4.0
- Intended for sale within the USA - 3 Year Limited Tokina Warranty
- One-touch Focus Clutch
- Silent Drive-Module
- Rubber Sealing Mount
This lens from Tokina is inexpensive. It also delivers a quality image for cropped sensor cameras. Many users do not have this kind of lens as an option because its image distortion can be an issue. Well, it does not happen in Tokina 12-28mm.
This lens will keep distortion to a minimum. Even though the price is lower, it optically competes well with both Nikon and Canon lenses. It has a zoom range with the equivalent of a 19-45mm when used on a full-frame camera.
Because of that, this lens works perfectly for real estate photography. It has a lightweight design and compact size. Therefore, you can carry it to multiple things and get easy handling. The sturdy body offers flexibility to lots of wear.
It has everything you need for a reasonable investment of your photography passion. For you who have a cropped sensor camera, this lens will be a solid starter.
- It is a solid lens for a starter.
- It costs fewer than 500 bucks.
- The image distortion is kept in minimum.
- It does not take sharp images as you expect.
6. Best for Cropped Sensor: Tamron 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5
- VC (Vibration Compensation)
- HLD (High/Low torque-modulated Drive)
- Moisture-resistant construction
- Fluorine coating repels water and oil from the lens surface
- Electromagnetic diaphragm system
It is undebatable when people say that this lens is the best lens for a cropped sensor camera. This ultra-wide-angle zoom lens lies within the ideal one for real estate photography. The lens has the sharpness is impressive. It also has a low chromatic aberration, which is very helpful.
This Tamron lens has a quality build that withstands a heavy workload. It also makes your real estate photos pop with its impressive color rendition.
What so special about this lens is the standout feature called Vibration Control (VC)? This feature helps you to shots some decent real estate images because those shots need longer exposures. Moreover, this technology makes it easy to enjoy wide-angle, handheld, and low-light shots.
This lens offers you optical performance with excellent quality across the whole zoom range. To conclude, this lens is described as the high performance packed into a compact body.
- Excellent optical performance
- Cool VC technology
- It offers the complete experience of the joy of shooting.
- It’s not full frame.
- The lens correction needs to be done with editing.
7. Best Landscape: Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar
- Ideal for landscapes and the a7 series of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.19x, Focal-Length : 5/8 - 1-3/8 Inches
- Three ED glass elements to suppress chromatic distortion, constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- Built-in Optical Steady Shot image stabilization, dust and moisture resistant design
- Angle of View (35 mm)107°-63° Angle of View (APS-C) 83°-44°. Weight- 18.3 ounce.Optical Design : 12 Elements in 10 Groups
According to many users, Sony Vario-Tessar lens offers you with perfection in landscape photography. The highlight feature or the reason many photographers get interested in this Sony lens is because of the infamous Zeiss glass coating.
The Zeiss coating will help you deliver stunning images. It enhances the performance even further. As a result, the image result will maintain a crisp, natural contrast, especially for landscape shooting. That is why it is a great lens for real estate photography.
This Zeiss technology also reduces ghosting and flare in the photos. It has a built-in optical image stabilization that is so effective to get some excellent snapshots, group shots, indoor scenes, and of course, landscapes.
The configuration in the lens offers fantastic performance in a lightweight design. It has a reliable operation in many various conditions. The design will prevent moisture and dust from getting into the lens.
Besides, there are more other features packed in this lens that will impress all photographers.
- The quality of real estate photography is satisfying.
- It works well for video, too.
- It has a smooth zoom operation.
- Perfect for landscape photos
- The quality control is poor.
- It needs major improvement in the software.
- It has a slow operation for such an expensive lens.
What Should I Look for in Lens for Real Estate?
Well, if you want to take real estate images, you need to get a lens that allows you to move through a property quickly to cover all spaces. The small spaces need to be cleanly shown.
Make your client happy by producing sharp images. Therefore, you should look for wide-angle lenses, zoom lenses, lenses with chromatic aberration.
Which one is better for real estate photography, Zoom lenses or Primes?
Many real estate photographers will recommend a lens with zooming capability. It is because each property has different amounts of room to maneuver. Meanwhile, the prime lens will give you excellent optics with superb sharpness.
For the sake of maneuver and flexibility, Zoom lenses are recommended. However, it does not mean that primes lens does not have the capability to deliver decent real estate images.
How to get started in real estate photography?
You now know which camera you should have for real estate photographs. It is obvious; having the right gear will make the job easier. However, you do not need to spend a lot of money on expensive lenses. You can begin with the affordable one.
Which lens is the most favored for real estate photography?
It is Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED because of the specification mentioned above.
How much do you charge for real estate photography?
As high as the fund you spend for buying the best lens to produce the best shots, it should go anywhere from $110 to $300 per photo. Moreover, the fare should higher if videos included.
When it comes to gear for photography, the lens is actually more important than the camera itself. Therefore, you have to consider upgrading your lens for a better image result.
After all of those reviews, those 7 products above are all decent. However, if you are looking for a winner, it is definitely the best full-frame lens of Nikon, the AF-S FX NIKKOR.
Aside from its amazing features, this lens costs under a thousand bucks, which are fantastic for a lens, that such great quality.
Well, there are plenty of other excellent lenses you can get on Amazon to support the real estate photography of yours. This article already makes it easy to decide which one is the best lens for real estate photography.
Last update on 2020-04-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API