What is The Best Lens for Vlogging for Youtube Vlogger?
Mariotama – If you are planning to create a great video-blog (vlog) channel on Youtube, you will need the best lens for vlogging to mount on your DSLR camera. You can create awesome content with great video quality because that is what most viewers like to watch on Youtube.
Great contents should be supported with great video quality. So, think about the camera and lens you are about to choose for shooting the vlog. We all know that the most important component of a camera is the lens.
Lenses play a huge role in producing decent quality and function of the camera. That is why you should consider the lens besides the camera itself. With that being said, here are some lenses that are recommended for you to make vlogging videos for your Youtube channel.
7 Best Lens for Vlogging
1. Best Wide-Angle Lenses: Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive System Lead screw and rack system driven by stepping motor
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 10 18 millimeter,1:4.5 5.6
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.72 feet. / 0.22 meter
- Stepping motor for noise free video shooting
- Optical image stabilizer
An EF-S ultra-wide zoom lens combines optical excellence with cutting-edge performance. It is designed for APS-C sensor cameras and it may not work well in your full-frame cameras. Make sure you check the compatibility.
It has a 7-blade aperture to deliver crisp blue backgrounds. The optical image stabilizer system will avoid the image quality looks you might face while vlogging. The stepping motor makes the autofocus very smooth.
This lens will also give you the ability to do manual focus adjustments whenever you need it. Compared to its rivals, this STM lens is claimed to be the least expensive and the smallest zoom lens among all.
The build quality feels solid in hand. Even though it is plastic but it is in good quality. It has finished nicely in semi-matte black color. Outdoor vlogging during the day is recommended since the lens will be clear.
You can also have this lens bundled with UV filter, Canon Lens Hood, and B+W XS-Pro HTC Pol.
- It’s a great go-to lens.
- It’s inexpensive.
- The build is sturdy and durable.
- The ribbed zoom ring is silky smooth.
- It’s got all desirable features for any work of video.
- It’s too slow in operation.
- It’s only great in full daylight shootings.
2. Best Price: Sony – E 10-18mm F4 OSS
- Angle of View (APS-C) - 109 ° - 76 °
- Minimum focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.82 ft (0.25 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.1x
- Superbly detailed images;Aperture Maximum: f/4 ; Minimum: f/22. 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C) : 15-27mm
- In-the-box:Hood (ALC-SH123), Lens front cap, Lens rear cap
It’s a super wide-angle zoom lens from Sony, which produces incredible landscape photos and videos. You can have this lens to be mounted on your camera to get ready for vlogging. This lens is for users on a mid-to-high level that is looking for a wider minimum focal length.
This lens can avoid flat blades around focal length, which results in a much more smooth and natural blurring. It helps you in creating perfect thumbnail shots for your vlogging videos on Youtube. The F4’s extra-low dispersion glass will help in preventing the loss image quality by increasing it.
An aspherical lens will reduce spherical aberration the result might have. This feature restores light alignment to improve the contrast, sharpness, and other elements.
This Sony lens is packed with built-in gyro sensors. The lens will be stabilized instantly when detecting any movement, even the smallest ones. That is why it’s such a great vlogging lens. Your video will not get shaky and unenjoyable.
On Amazon, you can buy this wide-angle zoom lens. Do not think much. You will be very happy with what this lens has to offer for your vlogging work.
- The build is among the best in the lineup of Sony lenses.
- The crispness is lovely.
- It is compact, lightweight, and it has a quick focus.
- It’s too pricey for such quality.
3. Best General Purpose Lenses: Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
- 17-55mm wide-angle zoom lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon DSLR cameras
- AD and aspherical elements deliver impressive image quality through entire zoom range, Closest focusing distance : 1.15 feet
- Image Stabilizer lens groups shift to compensate for image shake even in dim lighting
- Large circular aperture produces shallow depth of field; ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM)
- Measures 3.3 inches in diameter and 4.4 inches long; weighs 22.8 ounces; 1-year warranty
Coming in next on the list of best lenses for vlogging is the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM lens from Canon. It is an uber sharp and ultra-quick lens. It delivers an amazing shallow depth of field, less noise in videos and photos, and faster lens performance.
This lens is a versatile walking lens made for crop sensor cameras. It is packed with an image stabilization, which does not exist in the previous series. That makes you easily take low-light photos and videos.
The large circular aperture allows you to create background blur to give special attention to the subject. It would be a great lens for your APS-C to make vlogging videos. As mentioned before, this lens has the ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) for quick and quiet autofocus.
This Canon AF-S lens is available on Amazon. You can choose to bundle it with the Polarizer and UV Filter. It costs more than many entry-level cameras with lenses. However, most users do not regret buying this lens because they can share their outstanding vlogs with a high-quality look.
- The autofocusing is faster.
- It has a solid quality body.
- The heavyweight is relative.
- The image stabilization allows you to enjoy handheld.
- It’s too big for vlogging.
- It’s too expensive for a lens with EF-S mount.
4. Best Performance: Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar
- Ideal for landscapes and the a7 series of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to reduce flare and ghosting
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (0.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.19x, Focal-Length : 5/8 - 1-3/8 Inches
- Three ED glass elements to suppress chromatic distortion, constant F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom range
- Built-in Optical Steady Shot image stabilization, dust and moisture resistant design
- Angle of View (35 mm)107°-63° Angle of View (APS-C) 83°-44°. Weight- 18.3 ounce.Optical Design : 12 Elements in 10 Groups
With the aperture of f/4 and 16-35mm, this lens can be the best lens for vlogging content of yours. It is packed with cool features like optical image stabilization, continuous autofocus, and more. It is an incredible lens for E mount cameras of Sony.
It offers stunningly rich video footage that is so sharp at all focal lengths available. The result you will be getting is unbelievably sharp. It is great for a variable lens because the sharpness is just like what you find in prime lenses.
It is solidly built with metal construction. That is why it feels so sturdy when in hand. It is lightweight and small. It weighs only around 18 ounces, which is why it is great for walking around doing the vlog.
It is recommended to attach the lens with Sony A7ii or other similar Sony camera bodies. You will get great results from your full-frame camera body.
If you like to record a vlog on the go, this lens will serve you with an incredibly wide-angle view. You will get yourself and the surroundings in the frame.
The price is not that affordable. Nevertheless, you should have this if you have the budget.
- It’s the champion of a landscape shot.
- A zoom lens that produces incredibly sharp results
- It is convenient and very high quality.
- There’s a barrel distortion.
- It needs to go a bit wider.
5. Best Work on DX Camera: Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G Lens
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35 millimeter Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent Wave Motor AF System. Accepts filter type is screw on
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode.Maximum Reproduction Ratio:0.16x
It’s a compact, fast prime lens with f/1.8 aperture made for DX-format cameras. A compact and lightweight lens delivers the stunning images consistently. It is just what you expect from a prime lens. The fast maximum aperture is just perfect for low-light shooting and bokeh look.
What makes this Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR lens great for your vlogging, the aperture performance would allow you to take videos with great quality even though the light is low around you. You can do your vlogging almost in any condition of light both indoors and outdoors.
The beautiful background blur or bokeh will isolate the subject of your lens to get an astonishing dramatic effect. This lens has two focus modes, M/A and M. The manual override (M/A) mode will give instant manual switching when the AF operation is going.
This lens has a rubber seal around the mount to minimize moisture ingression. It can focus down to 0.98 ft. The price of this lens is quite affordable for beginners. It offers video footage results with a quality that looks like a pro.
The lens also comes with bundling such as memory card, UV filter, Lens protective pouches, and many more.
- It feels well built.
- It comes with a complete package.
- It also captures a crisp image with so many details.
- The focusing system is not quite, but Silent.
- Perfect for shooting video since it has a manual override switch.
- It’s got some barrel distortion.
- It’s underexposed significantly on sunny days.
6. Best Affordable and Versatile: Rokinon CV85M-N 85mm t/1.5 Aspherical Lens
- Features the same outstanding quality as our Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 lens
- Features De-clicked aperture to reduce noise and jerking motions
- Aperture range t/1.5- t/22. Diaphragm blades: 8
- Lens is follow focus compatible to enable the user to focus and use the aperture ring without interrupting video shooting
- minimum focusing distance 3.6-Feet
It is a decent lens for your camera body to let you produce great vlogging content with high-quality videos. Rokinon has designed the aspherical lens that comes with de-clicked aperture and follows focus compatibility.
The follow focus feature will enable the user to focus without interruption during video shooting. That makes you easy to take your quality vlogging content for your Youtube channel. Many photo or video enthusiasts trust Rokinon as an alternative brand besides Canon and Nikon.
This lens could be the best one for a vlogging camera. It allows you to take more fancy videos. Primarily, this lens is designed to offer cinematic effects and shots. This is a way more affordable option compared to Canon or Nikon lens in this category market.
The De-clicked feature is responsible for its Cinematic ability. Most of the operation in this Rokinon cine lens is all in manual. It would be the downside of this lens if you were a beginner. For you who have more experiences, this lens is your best choice.
- It’s such a good quality of glass piece.
- The build quality is so solid.
- It has smooth focus and click-less aperture rings.
- You can’t have it in macro.
- It’s not compact, it’s large.
7. Best Panasonic MFT Lenses: Panasonic Lumix G Lens
- Micro Four Thirds a versatile MFT 25 millimeter lens with a natural viewing angle Suitable for a wide variety of occasions (35 millimeter camera equivalent: 50 millimeter)
- F1.7 brightness beautiful background bokeh effect from its large diameter F1.7 aperture
- Super lightweight compact at only 125G/ 2.05 inches Length, Lens construction 8 elements in 7 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 1 UHR lens)
- Photo and video Hybrid photography enabled for both photo and HD video recording with quiet and smooth fast action stepping motor focusing
Another alternative brand delivers great lens with decent quality and features. It is a mirrorless micro four-thirds 25mm lens with large diameter F1.7 aperture to take photos or videos with brightness beautiful bokeh effect.
This Panasonic Lumix G lens will be a great choice to accompany your vlogging projects. It is a great piece of gear to carry around because it is super lightweight compact. This lens is enabled for HD video recording that features quiet and smooth fast-action STM (stepping motor) AF technology.
Besides videos, you can also capture high-quality photos with this lens even in low-light conditions. Thanks to the quality 25mm focal length lens. It offers attractive smoothness to its seven aperture blades for shooting at a larger aperture.
You can recommend this Panasonic lens for those wanting a compact lens with a relatively cheap price and a decent zoom range. Even though this lens can do super zoom you should not do it because the quality is subpar. This is the lens to buy after your kit lens.
- The price point is excellent for such a great lens.
- The focus ring is silky wide and well dampened.
- It comes with good flare control and edge-to-edge sharpness.
- Some chromatic aberration is still seen.
- Using it with the non-Panasonic body, there will be AF issues.
What lens should I use for vlogging?
You should look for all-rounder lens, the one that you can carry easily. Therefore, you can do the vlogging with the lens on the go. The Canon EF-S 17-55mm can be a great choice since it is a versatile walking lens.
Do vloggers use microphones?
Sounds are the essential part of vlogging because it will make anything you say in the video is heard clearly. Many successful vloggers use external microphones for recording clear and high-quality sound.
Shotgun microphones are used by most vloggers because it can easily be mounted on almost any DSLR or mirrorless camera. You will be served with great sound quality ad filter unwanted noise.
How can I make my vlog stand out?
Related to the topic, you should have the right gear to record the vlog. The video quality is one of the main reasons why people watch videos. So, think about the camera and the lens.
What focal length is used in movies?
Movies use a normal/standard lens with a focal length between 35mm to 70mm.
Are prime lenses better for video?
Prime lenses work better in low-light condition and shallow depth of field. Therefore, it is good for recording video at nights.
Among those products from various brands, it is hard to choose only one recommended lens. The best lens for vlogging is the Sony 16-35mm Vario-Tessar. It is not only a great quality product, but it is also a popular lens option for walking around making your vlogs.
Last update on 2019-10-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API